Last week I tried to refinance my car loan with the credit union where we have my husband's truck loan. His interest rate is several points less than mine and my lender will not let me refinance my loan. Since we already have a loan through this credit union I figured refinancing through them would be a done deal.
This morning I got a call from their representative saying they would be happy to refinance my loan if I would find a co-signer. I said, "great! How about my husband?" And this is when I felt that sad feeling in the pit of my stomach...my husband could not be the co-signer because as a couple our debt to income ratio is too high. OUCH!!
I'm not going to get a co-signer and will just plug away at paying off my loan as is, but it's one of those moments that the reality of our situation just makes me sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment