Monday, October 11, 2010

Progress in Projects

Although some days it seems as though these household projects will last forever we made a little progress yesterday. Our massive kitchen table is now on the porch awaiting the day some lucky Craigslist buyer will come pick it up. The broken organ has found a new home in our living room also waiting for someone to come get it, and hopefully soon.

Three rooms have vacuumed floors, the countertops have been cleared and the dishes are very close to clear. We found a few fall decorations in the basement and put those out. What remains? My office area for one- yikes! The basement project and the selling pile (which has taken over my sewing room) and the scrapbook pile. I'm also wondering why the clean litter box in the basement is suddenly so stinky. Can it be it was always so bad but my nose just didn't notice?

Financially we're hanging on. We skidded backwards this last month in the use of the credit cards. I feel like I should feel worse than I do about that. Maybe it's just hard to live such an austere life for so long when you feel like that isn't the choice you want to make given the choice! Though we would like to live simply, so I'm still pondering that one.

My dad is coming to visit us for the next couple days in a bit of a surprise visit. It's very exciting and I wish I could find our camera to document his visit! Just another reason to finish the projects.

No comments: