I was reading a post titled The Most Powerful Money Saving Tip on ChristianPF.com. The summary of the post is: "Count your blessings, remember all struggle is temporary, and find peace in the Lord." The author suggests writing down blessings you are thankful for, so here are 15 blessings I am thankful for:
1. Eternal life- this world is not the last word on anything.
2. Good physical & mental health.
3. A rental home in the countryside that costs no more than an apartment in the city.
4. Spring!
5. The ability to work, learn and grow.
6. Blogs- reading what others write helps me on my own journey.
7. Vehicles that run...and even look rather nice!
8. A husband that loves me, treats me like a queen and works hard for our family.
9. My job's willingness to let me work reduced hours.
10. My son's smile- he's smiling back at us now and it just melts the heart.
11. The local library.
12. Friends who are watching my son for free while I am at work.
13. Paying off four credit cards since the beginning of the year.
14. Food in the pantry and freezer.
15. Hulu.com! :D
Wow, that exercise makes me feel rather overwhelmed with good things. Also, I like to try and keep in mind on the challenging days when it seems like we'll never be out of debt and never own our own home that my bad days are still better than the days of so many others in the world. Maybe I'll try this exercise again each week or month...or just whenever I'm starting to feel down about things.
No comments:
Post a Comment