From one click to another I found myself in the realm of a few minimalist blogs (here and here). I'm finding that learning more about personal finance is not limited to budgets and spreadsheets. The more I read the more I find information about homesteading and couponing and thinking about life in different ways- on purpose.
In about my 7th month of pregnancy I had a very strong desire to purge the house of extra "stuff" before the baby arrived. I think this quote by Hans Hoffman spurred me, "The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." I felt like I was surrounded by the unnecessary and overwhelmed by it too.
So my heart resounded when I read this article by Joshua Becker titled "the 10 most important things to simplify in your life." He lists these 10 things as possessions, time commitments, goals, negative thoughts, debt, artificial ingredients, screen time, connections to the world, & multi-tasking. I think in my life right now possessions, time, debt and multi-tasking are the one's I think about the most. I love how he describes each of these and it makes me long for a debt free, less possession filled proverbs based life! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment