Two months ago my husband entered an online sweepstakes with a hunting company. Within thirty minutes of entering the contest he got a phone call from this company offering him a free 30-day trial membership to their online community. Excited, my hubby signed up on the spot.
Before the 30 days ended I got online to sign in to his profile and cancel the membership. I couldn't find where to cancel and set the matter aside for a day or two thinking they must not have signed him up after all. Unfortunately they had signed him up and charged our bank account $60! Now, for many people a $60 annual membership is no big deal. But for us $60 is a huge deal!!
I called customer service to ask for a refund on the unused portion but they said no. It's an annual membership and we provide NO refunds. End of story. No discussion. I called several times, hoping a different and more understanding person would answer. Bottom line, no refund, per their refund policy. The refund policy that doesn't exist.
Well, I wrote the Better Business Bureau asking them to mediate and they did! After waiting a month I received news this morning that we will get $54 back from this company. I am satisfied with this and thankful the BBB exists!!
No comments:
Post a Comment