Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Now Why Didn't I Think of That?!

As I've been trying to live a more frugal life I've been learning about how to use simple household products like vinegar and baking soda for more than just stews and baking. A few years ago we bought a book from Arm & Hammer on all the ways to use baking soda. It of course has been sitting on my bookshelf unused.

As I was perusing a magazine I noticed an ad for an Arm & Hammer product with a note at the bottom directing people to their website "for more money saving ideas." I went to the website and discovered my book, free to all posted on their website in small click-able links.

Now why didn't I think to go to their website originally? And why didn't I think to go to the thousands of other websites for products I use most often? Sigh...just another gap in the "1,000 things you need to know to be frugal" brain database. Frugal is not simple for the uninitiated.

But now that I know this, here are a few of my new favorite websites!
These are just a few options out there but the options would seem to be limited by imagination more than anything else.

No comments: