Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trust

We got our second June paycheck (hubby is in the bi-weekly pay realm). I've honestly been dreading seeing how much this check would be because it was hard to imagine it would cover the bills after several low checks in a row. I sat down yesterday afternoon and did the math and we will be able to cover all our financial obligations this month! WOW! Will we be able to save any, or pay more on anything? No. But we will not be going backwards either and I am so thrilled!
After I'd paid the bills and planned out how much we'll spend on those variable expenses like groceries and fuel I popped back onto my facebook page and read this status from one of my friends..."Lately I have been learning not to trust my bank account and trust God instead. I was encouraged to read this passage from Proverbs 11:28: He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage."
Trust! Why is this such a hard lesson to learn? I do not want to trust in my riches and do want to trust in God who provides everything. And yet I find myself like those desert Israelites, continually forgetting the amazing things God has done in my life and worrying like they've never happened. The Israelites built alters in places where amazing things happened to remember God's faithfulness. I wonder what kind of alter I could "build" today to help me remember what God has done and remind me to always trust Him?
 
 

No comments: