The baby is teething again. The first 8 teeth came in pretty easy. Now there are four molars making their grand entrance. These teeth must hurt so much, because he's been crying and fussy for three days straight. All day. I heard mothers say their kids were teething and wondered why the mother sounded tired. I know. It's the exhaustion of motherhood. Cooking, cleaning, planning- all normal life stuff. Then add a bit extra effort to get everything done with a child in tow. Tiring. Add into that a child who literally might cry all day (just that would wear a person down!), wants to be held all the time and generally is sad and unhappy. Exhaustion. Add into that the baby waking in the night in tears and getting ready for a new year's day part. Something beyond exhaustion!
It's the New Year tonight. Am I thinking about goals? No. Dreaming about the future? No again. All I'm thinking is,
#1: I hope the baby takes a long nap.
#2: I hope I can go to bed early.
#3: I hope the baby sleeps all night.
Once again I'm so thankful we're only given life one day at a time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment