Wisdom from Roosevelt
One of my Facebook friends posted this quote a few days ago:
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
We are in a new year and I tend to be one that
a) loves new year's resolutions!
b) never meets even half the resolutions I've made
This year I've been trying to be realistic and pare down my usually page long list. Hubby and I are still hashing out exactly what our goals will be for the new year, but when I read this quote I thought it would be a good overarching theme for the year. We tend to be future lookers and don't do anything now because we're thinking about what we don't have in a place we are not at.
So for this year I'm going to put this quote at the top of my resolution list. I'm getting a lot better at living in the day. Now it's time to live in the present!
No comments:
Post a Comment