Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am a Housewife.

I am a housewife. A mother, a wife, a stay-at-home mom. I live in America, where it seems like the mainstream culture is rather against everything I currently am. I don't work outside the home, I am not climbing the corporate ladder, and in fact I went backwards in my career path even before having my child.

Having worked outside the home for most of my life it is easy to subtly embrace the mainstream view of the stay-at-home mom as something lesser. Although I've been full time at home now for almost a year I find it so challenging, not only in trying to figure out how to balance taking care of home/baby/husband but also because I'm missing the interactions work provides. I miss my old co-workers. I miss knowing what I'm doing and being able to guide people to the things they need. I get depressed being home all the time in a messy house and not being able to help anyone but the baby all day.

I roam around the blog world daily and somehow came across a new-to-me blog I love! It is called Time-Warp Wife and is a woman who pretty much says, "hey, I'm a wife, a mother and I stay home...and that's good, and what I love!" Her site is all about "vintage values" and serving her husband and children (in a good way). I am so excited to read what she has to write and glean some insights I feel like I am longing for. And if I could figure out how to do it I'd add her bloggy button to my front page!

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

So proud of you choosing this path even when its not the popular thing to do. Yay for you and your family. I'm in a waiting room at a doctors office reading this. Will come back again later, from my comp so I can browse your blog. Thanks for the mention. I cherish your fellowship.

freedom journey said...

Thank you. And thank you for sharing your journey. I really cannot express how excited I am to read your blog!