There are seasons in each of our lives. Some seasons are busier, some slower. Some are exciting and fun while others are terribly sad. This season for us is a season of waiting. We are praying about a possible job move across the country. The more we think about it and the more we pray about it the more excited we become. One hitch...my husband hasn't even had an interview yet! It took a week for him to connect with the hiring manager just to set up the interview. Then early the morning of the interview we received a call to say it had been canceled due to a scheduling conflict. The manager said he would call back "sometime this week," which is now half over.
There are other things we are waiting on. Waiting to get our debt paid off. Waiting to get pregnant again. Waiting to see if a friend can have surgery. Waiting. I'm trying to be patient during all this waiting. The Lord knows the future and the past and the whole picture combined. I know what I am typing and what the weather was like today. I know things I've learned and things I've been shown. But I don't know when my husband's next interview will be set up or even if he'll have one. And so we live one day at a time.
A song that is helping me right now is from John Waller called "While I'm Waiting." This is a Vimeo link to the video: http://vimeo.com/3768562. Working while we're waiting, moving forward while we're waiting. And taking it a day at a time while we're waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment