Friday, February 25, 2011

Busy Days

Well, the job news has no new news! How's that for a mouthful. Long story short, we are pretty sure my hubby didn't get the job. And that's ok. We said that if the Lord gave him this job it would be confirmation we should move back home, but that if the door to the job was closed we'd see it as confirmation to stay here. And so it would seem we will stay. 


The past week I've been working steadily at many things. Cleaning my kitchen for a start. There have been dirty dishes on my counter since December! No, not the same dirty dishes, but I don't think there has been one day that I've awakened to a new day with a 100% clean counter and all my dishes put away. I'm also working on clearing out my poor buried craft/laundry room. It's been the holding place for all manner of things I want to get rid of, sell, keep away from the toddler or work on later. 


I've also been thinking about how I still fight the urge for perfection...which in my life translates as "if you can't do it perfectly and completely the first time what's the point!" I'm learning day by day to do a little bit at a time instead of huge amounts of work all at once. The house is getting clean and I'm feeling great about being a housewife! 


A friend posted this quote and it is my new motto for now:
"Small steps actually taken lead to more progress than great steps that never happen." 
Marilyn Paul

No comments: