We now have the money to pay the propane bill without having to charge to a credit card. That's $630! We also have another $100 to pay for a hospital co-pay I've been putting off. It's so amazing. Three weeks ago I couldn't imagine how God would provide for this bill, and here we are!
Not only are these two bills paid, but we have about $2,000 extra. Yes, two THOUSAND dollars. If you are running the math in your head you're right...we got almost $3,000 unexpected in the last three weeks. That's more than my husband makes in one month.
Now the question looming is: how do we spend that surplus $2,000? My first reaction is send it all to the credit cards and wave goodbye as it goes. We talked before about not sending all our money to credit cards, but putting some into savings so we have a buffer and don't feel the urge to run to the credit card first. There are also items we've been putting off purchasing because we don't have extra and our Christmas money didn't cover them. A wheelbarrow, hedge clippers, gun safe and lumber/soil for some raised garden beds are the first that come to mind. There is also the option to do none of that and hold on to the money for a trip to see all our family on the other side of the country later this year.
I feel like our finances are a big dry sponge. When money comes in it disappears so quickly because the sponge is so dry. $100,000 would fill our sponge. $2,000 is like a spray mist. But a very welcome, thank-filled spray mist!!
We'll be praying and thinking and running the numbers until we're both satisfied with how the money is going to be spent. What would you do with the extra money?
2 comments:
"A thank-filled spray mist." I like that!
A very good question, what to do with an "extra $2000." So much more realistic a question that how to spend a million. Given the hypothetical situation that our food and bills amounted to 1200, here's what I'd do.
1. Tithe 200
2. Save 200
3. Bills/food 1200
4. Date 40
5. Haircut 20 (Life is better when my hair is styled! and I have a friend who'd do it for $15 but I'd give her a 5-buck tip)
6. Take dog obedience and therapy classes 175
7. Bless a missionary 85
8. Buy new hand towels 15
9 Take an non-credit art class 65
That's off the top of my head. Is my math correct? 2000 goes FAST!!!! Like s spray mist, you're right!
That is awesome! I like all of those choices. It's interesting that tithing and blessing a missionary are two different lines. I realized that I've left giving out of my plans.
Post a Comment