Hi! I have to admit I am odd. I really love working with our budget, balancing the checkbook and paying bills. Do I love this because we have enough money? Nope! Do I love this because I can be relaxed about it and there is enough money hanging out to not have to be too detailed. Definitely not. Because we can put money aside for trips to visit family and vacations? Not at all.
So if there is nothing pretty about our finances, why do I love working with them so much? And more, why then would I want a job helping people with debt as disastrous as ours?
I don't know. But nonetheless, I love it. I love understanding what our goals are and how we'll get there (eventually, long, long down the road). I love seeing how I can plan by each paycheck and even though the checks are in differing amounts still watch it all work out. I love going into online banking and sending off my bills to be paid in one fell swoop. I love it all.
Four years ago we were clueless. Ignoring the money issues didn't work, but looking at the money was just depressing. We had no plan, no hope of a plan, nothing. We had bills, and managed to get them paid, but after that it was a mystery. Sometimes we knew what was in our checking, sometimes not. No savings. No hope of savings. We did take trips though. And we're paying them off now. And sometimes it feels, for the rest of our lives. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment