This week I've been up to my ears in boxes. No, we're not moving. I'm organizing the basement! The northwest is notoriously wet, and you'd think I'd have factored that in when we moved and shoved all our boxes in our basement. Nope!
I went down looking for something several months ago and found mold. Lots of mold. And frogs. And newts. Or something like a newt. The basement, in two words? Gross and unorganized! It's our running joke that if we don't know where something is it must be in the basement.
Well, day by day I've been doing a bit of moving things around and sorting. Using some of our Christmas gift money we purchased several plastic bins with lids, and I'm joyously labeling all my boxes and sorting things into them.
It's an interesting process, going through cardboard boxes, throwing a lot out, saving some and setting aside another pile to donate or sell. I'm so excited for the project to be done and be able to go downstairs and find exactly what I'm looking for without cringing or giving up. It will also help us know what categories of things we have as we think of bringing anything else into the house. Or not bringing more things into the house...as I think will more often occur!
My favorite new bins are for seasonal items: spring, summer, fall and Christmas! I guess after Christmas we'll just have to go straight to spring. Tee hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment