I woke up the other morning to find a $630 propane tank bill on my doorstep. We have about 30 days to come up with these funds. The day we received the bill there was $30 set aside for the tank.
In my Tuesday morning book study (Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp) at a friends church I shared that my prayer request was $600. I partly shared this because we need the prayer for how to pay the bill. But the other half was because I know the bill will get paid, and I'd like to be able to praise God for his provision in a public setting with people I know!
It's Thursday now and we have received a check for $100 in the mail! It was from a sale of a gun my husband forgot he even owned (the keeper of the gun sold it and wrote in their letter that they figured he needed the money more than the gun). Wow!
There is also the chance of a bonus check coming at the end of the month from my husband's work. We don't know how much it might be, and it will only be for a partial year employed by the company, but it is the hope of money unexpected.
So we are now praying for $500. And running the fireplace!!
2 comments:
Funny how it always works out.
I remember the day of getting a propane tank filled *UGH*, you never knew how much the bill was going to be. After the first surprise giant bill, we started setting aside a sum each month of the year to cover it and when the time came we had the cash, and a little extra since we always over budgeted so there were no surprises!
Hope all the funds come in!
Thank you! We do have a budget line to set money aside for the propane but it seems there is never enough after the check is cashed to put something aside! But now that a medical bill is paid off I'm hoping to do just what you did and set some aside! :)
Post a Comment