Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday Flashback

Here's my weekly roundup of articles I found interesting this last week. (Well, now this is a bit more than just the last week, but still...)

40 Ways to Reduce Spending, The Simple Dollar: This is an article from 2007 but very good for someone just getting started with reducing expenses. We have reduced just about as far as we are willing right now, though there are a few places I may be able to trim and save a bit.

Freezing Fresh Herbs, $5 Dinners: I want to grow herbs but we just don't use them very often. Freezing them is a great solution- they would stay fresh & I wouldn't feel bad about waste.

How To Discourage Yourself From Overspending, ChristianPF: We're struggling still with overspending. I feel like we should be further along, and these are good reminders. As John says in this article, "Who wants to merely get by in life? It’s much better to thrive!"

Five Ways to Use Brown Bananas, $5 Dinners: We have brown banana's on our counter, so this was an especially timely post! 

How I Spend Less than $10/Yr on Laundry Soap, A Thrifty Mom: I like this idea, and I like that price!

Getting the Best Deal?, Money 4 This Not 4 That: I don't do much shopping online but I am always in the market for a good deal.

Freezer/Kid Friendly Recipes, Once A Month Mom: All of these look oh soooo good! Not sure which to try first and am debating between the mac & cheese and the pop tarts!

How to Freeze Corn, Simple Bites: We want to get a bunch of sweet corn to freeze for the winter and our normal method for freezing it is to cook it fully done then cut it off. This seems like a much better way!!

The Rich & Poor, Money Help For Christians: This is an interview with people from Papua New Guinea on what it means to be rich and poor. It's a powerful reminder of how rich I am and I've been pondering what I read all week.

No comments: