Thursday, August 12, 2010

Struggling

I'm sitting here at my desk surrounded by unorganized papers. Our banking account went into the red and we ended up with an overdraft fee. I have no clear sense of our budget this month, and never finished our tracking for last month. Overall I just feel scattered, behind and fuzzy. Sigh.

I know that this is failure. And I also know that each failure is a new chance to pick back up and continue to move forward. My first reaction when feeling so overwhelmed and discouraged is to quit. To say "who cares about our budget" and "who cares about these papers." Yet that isn't the answer that will help me feel better. Thursday is my day to do paperwork and online learning, so that's what I will do, one paper and one website at a time. And maybe at the end of the day I'll feel like the world has a rosy tint again.

No comments: