Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Tale of Two Days

We had a two day weekend this week.

On the first day we went to WalMart. We ate out, purchased a bunch of stuff, came home and watched TV.

On the second day we stayed home. We made homemade deodorant, a from scratch vegetable lasagna; picked tomatoes in our garden and talked about next year's garden plans. We listened to music, read a little and took a walk.

The first day cost us over $100. The second day cost nothing.

The first day was spent in a crowd overwhelmed by thousands of items we could buy. The second day was quiet and peaceful.

At the end of the first day I felt tired and somewhat discouraged. The second day I felt refreshed, accomplished and rejuvenated.


The second day is easier to come by yet less often enjoyed. It's the life we want to have. Yet it's the one we rarely choose. And that, I think, should change.

No comments: