Thursday, July 8, 2010

$1,031.63 vs $88.53 vs $1,006.53

What are these interesting numbers you might ask?

$1,031.63: This is the amount of money our online banking tells me we have. Woo hoo!

$88.53: This is the amount of money our up to date checkbook register tells me we have.

$1,006.53: This is the amount of money our online banking should tell me we have when I add the uncleared expenses in the checkbook to the current balance.

What does all this mean?

First, if I only based my spending on my online banking balance I'd be in heaps of trouble!!

Second, we have a bit more than the $62.22 I posted about earlier this week which is great. I put in a few hours at my job and got a $32.28 paycheck! Every bit does help and that extra bit feels a bit like winning the lottery!

Third, for some reason the bank thinks I have $25.10 more than I think I have. I'm not sure why the discrepancy is there, but for now I'm just going to ignore it and see if it remains the same or if somewhere I checked something off as cleared that was not.

No comments: