Thursday, July 1, 2010

We Bounced

I was afraid to look in the checking account for good reason yesterday...we overspent and ended up with a $30 fee from the bank. I am signed up currently for overdraft protection, but considering canceling that and just dealing with the consequences of the overspending. Normally we have money in our savings to cover this, though as I type I'm realizing we should never be overspending at all. Ugh.

After catching up the checkbook (just from our weekend spending!) we are -85.00 including that fee. So my husbands check deposited today already has money spent from it. That's just not a very nice way to begin the month. 

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Well, it happens sometimes. I can usually call the bank and ask them nicely to waive the fee with an "oh, I'm so sorry, we never do this!" and they usually do.

freedom journey said...

That's a good idea! I'll have to try that. Thanks!