Friday, July 23, 2010

That Proverbs 31 Woman Again

Been thinking about that Proverbs 31 woman again. She is such a powerhouse! I used to think the women of Bible times, and generally all women before the so-called women's "liberation" movement were sad creatures who were controlled by their husbands and led dull and boring lives of general servitude. While this may have been the case for a select few (just as it is today), I think more often women were strong courageous beings. And the more I read this chapter the more I see the Proverbs 31 woman as a crazy powerhouse!

Here are some of the traits I see in her:
  • An Early Riser
  • Crafty
  • A Cook
  • Generous
  • Wise
  • Mother
  • Business Owner
  • Property Owner
  • Vineyard Owner
  • Dresses Well
  • Fears the Lord
  • Wife
And there would be more to say on closer reading and study! But what I find most is that I had the desire to be like her (minus the vineyard and snazzy dressing) before I realized that's what she was like. And if I were more like her I know we wouldn't be in financial peril!! So much for my old views of the downtrodden woman... :D

Update: Came across this post at Christian PF (click here) on the principles of a strong financial foundation. The guest poster talks about the Proverbs 31 woman & I like what he says.

No comments: