5Our little guy is now six months old and we are starting him on solid foods. Because we're trying to be frugal & healthy I'm making homemade baby food. It has been fun so far. Today we gave him bananas...all I had to do was drop a banana in the blender and blend it up! I took out a few lone remaining banana chunks after processing and voila: baby food! Not only do I not have to deal with all the little glass jars but I don't have to add yet another item to the shopping list. I just use whatever fruit or vegetable we have on hand. Carrots will be next after this four day stretch on bananas is done. One of our friends gave us a container of rice cereal as well...it really reminds me of instant potato flakes and I fight the urge to check the contents every time I make it.
To help me learn to make baby food I'm using a book and a website. I'm finding that one or two main sources of info are about all I can process right now, and these two are my favorite!
Book: Blender Baby Food by Nicole Young. It's straightforward and easy to understand. I have it checked out from the library right now, but may invest in it later because I really love it!
Website: Wholesome Baby Food.com- I enjoy their blog and searching through the site whenever I have questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment