Off of the Heavenly Homemakers site is the idea for a "gratituesday," from my understanding a day to blog about what we are grateful for. Since it's always a profitable exercise to think of so many blessings, here's my list for today:
1. Friends. We had a bbq this weekend and had friends come over to spend time with us. We also had several friends send their regrets. I think most of us tend to take friendship for granted when really it is an amazing and special blessing! I grew up in a home where no adults came for dinner or called on the telephone just to chat with either of my parents. Being married now with a family I realize how much was missing because of that. We need others in our lives to sharpen us if nothing else, and I hope I am always grateful for those in my life I am blessed to call friends.
2. The Local Library. I love the library! I think if I write another gratituesday entry the library will make the list again!! We currently have around 22 books checked out. I think this was a bit ambitious of a goal, but I am enjoying being stretched by the books I am reading. I love reading blogs, but there is something deeply satisfying about a good book after the baby is in bed! I'm also learning more about homesteading and housekeeping and baking, all for free! Now I may end up purchasing a few of these books becuase I think they would be spectacular for reference. I generally try to wait to purchase though until I've checked the book out at least three times. Then I feel like I really will be using the book and not just having another shelf decoration. :)
3. The Hope of a New Computer. My husband is reaching his 90 day mark at his job. Lord willing that he hits that 90 day mark his company will reimburse us up to $1,000 for a new computer/software/printer/etc. This is a HUGE blessing and one I'm giddily looking forward to. I'm typing on a laptop now that is dying a slow and painful death. The screen is dead, so I'm borrowing a screen from a friend. The DVD burner doesn't work anymore, it goes to the blue screen of pending death fairly often, is quite slow and has just begun telling me I don't have enough memory to do quite a few things! All that to say I am heartily looking forward to putting together a computer package and not having to think quite as much about the cost.
Those are my top three for today!
No comments:
Post a Comment