So I sat down on the 1st and planned out how we'll be spending our money in July. It was exciting because it was the first month in a few months that I thought we'd be able to not only pay the bills but get some money in savings and have a bit extra to spend.
This morning I began to pay the bills and suddenly realized something was wrong. While I should have had four hundred to work with this paycheck (after rent) I have about a hundred. That is a huge difference when there is no savings to fall back on! After sitting puzzled at the computer for 20 minutes it finally dawned on me. I had budgeted $500 for rent on the assumption we would have saved $400 from the last check. But the last check we ended up -$85 in the hole. So when I paid our $900 rent I lost the other $400 I'd been planning on. My husband came stumbling out of bed this morning to me with a white face and a frown, deep into trying to make the ends meet this month.
Thankfully when all is said and done I think we'll make it if we can just keep from overspending. I'm hoping at least one of the two remaining checks will be more than we're planning on. One of our vehicles tags have expired and it needs it's emissions test too. That's around $100 total I can't squeeze out of the budget, and I think may end up on the credit card if all other options fail. We didn't get it renewed last month, but this month are hoping to have an out of state friend come visit...and we'd need two cars for that.
The Lord is our Jehovah Jireh though and I am purposefully trying to trust that all those little dollar and cents details will work out.
2 comments:
I will keep you in my prayers! What are you guys doing to increae your income? Had a yard sale lately or sold stuff on eBay? And do you do swagbucks and mypoints? Every little bit counts! Email me if you want to know more about those things
Thank you! Right now we aren't doing anything to increase our income...and I hadn't even thought about that as an option! I'll email you, thank you!
Post a Comment