My husband called home today to say he will now be working 40 hours a week. For many people in this economy that would be spectacular news! My response: we'll make it work. He's been working over 50 hours a week and we're just getting by. What will 40 hours be like? I think we made the right decision for me to stay home with the baby, but with the debt it is challenging and not very fun.
2 comments:
I replied to your comment on my guest post at ChristianPF.com http://christianpf.com/learning-how-to-live-on-one-income/
Hi Freedom Journey,
It sounds like you’re doing the right things. You’ve already said that you are praying which was the most important part of our journey. For your last post you already demonstrated a desire to encourage and stand by your husband no matter what the finances look like.
Some of the ways that I offset my staying at home was to fund Homeschool and Christmas with Swagbucks which I talk about (A LOT) on my blog. I used survey and market research as a way to bring in income to tackle debt. I won’t say that what I make from surveys is average but with a combination of surveys I take personally and referral earning I do very well.
These are just some options to explore to help make ends meet. I am hoping for your success.
Your sister in Christ,
Saidah @ A Proverbs Wife
Thank you Saidah, your comments are so encouraging to me! It's like a big hug over the internet, and a needed one right now. Knowing your family has made it on one income gives me hope that mine will too. :)
Post a Comment