Monday, September 20, 2010

Savings is Automated!

As I was decluttering I was also working on my mammoth to-do list. One of the items floating around in my head for a while has been to get our savings account out of my hands. And I did!

Up until this point our savings was in the same bank as our checking account. That's convenient, but dangerous because I'm forever transferring money back into checking. I know I shouldn't but it is there! Alternately, I pay the bills and don't send anything to savings.

We have a savings account attached to a vehicle loan. The account has been empty since we got it a year or two ago. I went into hubby's work payroll system and added a direct deposit for $30/check to go into this savings account. It isn't much but if I can just leave it alone it will grow.

I'm happy to have done this. It feels like a step in the right direction, and one more piece of the puzzle complete for finding our financial freedom.

No comments: