So my friend and I were talking today about what jobs we could create for ourselves. We both would like to make about $1,000 a month from home, or with our babies in tow, or something like that. I was sharing with her that my dream job would be helping clueless people get a grip on their finances. Not investing, not bill paying, just simple financial "stuff" like budgeting and setting priorities. Sort of a cheerleader of sorts. We also talked about taking photos and sewing (though neither of us know how). Childcare, online work (oh so elusive) and the list goes on.
But what we kept coming back to was the liability. I worked in HR for a while and am ruined now. Anything I touch now I think about liability! I know our pipe dreams are possible, and even the liability piece is possible...but liability! It stinks! Why must we live in such a sue happy culture. Why can't my apology for a mistake be just that without having to worry about everything I have? Ugh. It really puts a damper on the dreaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment