Monday, September 20, 2010

The Cluttered Life

I'm sitting at my desk surrounded by piles (and piles, and piles) of papers and stuff. Yup, stuff. Dirty dishes, an empty pill bottle, some dollar bills, an almost empty jug of water...stuff. There is also a large bag of paperwork (and maybe another) that needs my attention.


When my surroundings become so cluttered I know that my finances are also being ignored. Somehow the two go together. When I'm up to date with my checkbook I'm also up to date with my paperwork. When I've let all the papers pile up like this I'm also letting the money float along without me.



In my heart I want to be more like a minimalist in everything. I want to have all of life so simple it is simple to maintain. But today I am a clutter bug- so overwhelmed with clutter I can't even find the card to know when my husbands next chiropractic appointment is. The appointment that should have been written into my calendar the day it entered the house.

 So today I am catching up the checkbook, paying the bills and finding the determination to muddle through these piles of paper. I wonder what treasures I will find? And what bills have been unpaid...

2 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh, this is me. Everywhere else in my home is {mostly} organized and clean. My desk? It looks a lot like yours {and maybe worse}. I am really embarrassed to share that. It's almost that I don't know where to start. Maybe I should post it on my blog for motivation. LOL. Nothing like putting it out there.
Thanks for stopping by today. I updated my post to mention that our baking was a disaster with burnt fingers, tongues and chocolate. It's one of those days. LOL

freedom journey said...

Ha ha, nope, there is nothing quite like putting it out there. Though in my case it only seems to have worked for a couple days. I was falling asleep last night thinking about ways to organize the desk area! :P

Oh no! Baking disasters are no fun.